We are thrilled to announce the promotion of James R. LaPadula, PE, ENV SP, to Assistant Vice President of Civil Engineering!
Since joining Gedeon GRC’s Civil Engineering Department in 2010, James has contributed a wealth of experience to our team and has played an integral role in the design and development of major infrastructure and sustainability projects throughout New York.
Aside from managing several projects of varying scale and complexity, James specializes in civil/site design and transportation engineering for numerous facilities, including but not limited to roadways/highways; streetscapes; green infrastructures; bridges; waterfront structures; transit/rails; plazas/parks; various types of buildings; and parking lots/garages.
James has provided services to clients such as NYSDOT, NYCDDC, NYCDOT, NYCDPR, NYCEDC, NYSOGS, MTA, PANYNJ, DASNY, CUNY, SCDPW, and Long Island municipalities. Some of his notable projects include:
- Resorts World Casino New York City / Aqueduct Racetrack Redevelopment, Queens — NYSOGS
- Total Design & CSS for the Rehabilitation of Riverside Drive Viaduct, New York City — NYCDOT
- Design & CSS for the Reconstruction/Rehabilitation of the RFK Bridge, Manhattan — MTA-TBTA
- Various Design Requirements Contracts, Citywide — NYCDDC
- Regional Design Services Agreement Contracts, Statewide — NYSDOT
- On-Call Civil & Resident Engineering Services, New York City — NYCEDC
- City Parks Projects at Various Locations, Citywide — NYCDPR
- Main Street Beautification & Pedestrian Access Enhancement, Hempstead — Village of Hempstead CDA
As Assistant Vice President, part of James’ responsibilities will be to develop, track, and manage processes, project schedules, and perform quality reviews.
We are excited about his new role in the organization.
Please join us in congratulating James on his promotion!