Gedeon GRC Consulting, a leading provider of value-added, engineering and design services is seeking a Staff Accountant to work in our Syosset, NY Office.
Main duties include, but are not limited to: billing, AR, bank reconciliation and GL accounting.
This position reports directly to the Controller.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for Billing, preparation of client invoices and follow through the process
- Reviewing client contracts to determine the Billing structures and properly setup the invoice template
- Communicate with clients and sub-contractors for any Billing issues
- Liaison with Internal Engineers and Contract coordinators on monthly Billing
- Deposit customer receipt and assist in the collection process
- Perform AR, Bank, Credit card accounts reconciliation and analysis
- Review and reconcile employees’ expenses
- Prepare Journal entries (accrual, prepaid etc.)
- Maintain Subledger account reconciliations, identify and resolve the variances
- Assist in month-end closing and annual audit
- Perform other job duties as assigned
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years’ experience in a service organization and/ or engineering preferred
- Must be very detail-oriented, good analytic skill, and proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Must be able to relate effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Self- starter, able to perform the essential functions of the job independently
- Knowledge of BillQuick & QuickBooks would be preferred
Job Type: Full-timeAPPLY NOW