Gedeon GRC Consulting , a fast growing engineering firm based on Long Island, New York, is looking for a full-time responsible, bright, motivated and qualified Web Developer who can design, code and modify websites and web applications, from layout to function and according to a client’s specifications. The developer must be able to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Develop cross-browser compatible web applications and websites
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Maintain back end-database
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding and scaling websites
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends a apply then into operations and activities
- Participate across the entire lifecycle of mission critical web applications, including business analysis, design and architecture, development, deployment, and support
- Maintain and report accurate data in a timely manner
- Update websites as required
- Ensure compliance with regulations
- Prepare sites by installing and configuring server software; installing appropriate CMS; ensuring cross-platform compatibility; establishing links.
- Upgrade site by updating content and graphics; monitoring performance and results; identifying and evaluating improvement options; introducing new technology; maintaining links.
- Protect sites by designing and installing security precautions.
- Maintain sites appearance by developing and enforcing content and display standards; editing submissions.
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- All other related duties as assigned
- Strong Web Programming Skills
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process (Google webmaster tools, Bing webmaster tools, Google Analytics)
- Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
- Deep functional knowledge or hands-on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP)
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications.
- Experience in Relational Database Systems, Object-Oriented Design and Multimedia Content Development
- Strong problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Web User Interface Design
- Web Graphic Design
- Knowledge of SharePoint implementation and Design
- System Admin skills desirable
- Self-motivating critical thinker
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum education required: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related quantitative field.
- Minimum experience required: +5 years of application development experience or related experience.
We offer a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefit plan.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Syosset, NY
Gedeon GRC Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or military status, or any other protected class.