Candidate must possess at least a BSCE, with a mandatory New York PE license and over (15) fifteen years of experience in general civil engineering with an emphasis on highway/roadway design, as well as storm-water management/watershed analysis.
The primary duties of the Senior Civil Engineer will include:
- Working in a team with other engineers on the detailed design of urban and rural roadway/highway, as well as site/civil design projects. More specific duties include: vertical and horizontal alignment, pavement, drainage, sewer, stormwater management, erosion control, grading, utilities, pavement marking, signage, signals, MPT, as well as development of plans, specifications, construction estimates, and detailed design calculations.
- Working as a Project Manager on projects, including supervising staff of professionals and technicians
- Interfacing with clients
- Project Management, Budgeting
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control of projects
Candidate must possess:
- Strong/hands-on experience in design
- Aptitude and demonstrated hands-on experience with computer applications in Civil Engineering, such as AutoCAD w/Civil 3D, MicroStation, InRoads, etc.
- NYSDOT, NYCDOT and NYCDDC experience
- Project Management experience
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications and identify discrepancies or conflicts within the documents
- Proven problem solving and documentation abilities
- Ability to make decisions on significant design and engineering procedures
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong writing, communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Gedeon GRC Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or military status, or any other protected class.