The primary emphasis of the role is to promote socioeconomic and environmental sustainability in urban design, city planning, and policy projects. This is accomplished through employing rigorous economic and strategic planning techniques and developing innovative analytical approaches to providing solutions for delivering sustainability in varied contexts. Supporting the Company’s brand in sustainability matters, including developing educational programs for the company’s foundation.
This position will focus on climate adaptation, resiliency planning and greenhouse gas mitigation projects primarily for local government and other public agencies, although could also include work for the private sector.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducting surveys and interviews about the regional, economic or social factors that impact a particular issue in sustainability.
- Writing reports of recent research findings.
- Preparing grant proposals to request funding for future research projects.
- Developing, organizing and facilitating roundtable discussions with senior policy and business decision makers.
- Performing research about best practices and new technologies in sustainability, corporate social responsibility and environmental monitoring.
- Providing recommendations to internal and external clients on effective sustainable development strategies.
- Attending conferences and workshops on the latest advancements and issues in sustainability research.
In the office:
- Analyzing data from tests to measure energy efficiency, resource consumption and emissions .
- Reviewing recent reports from other experts in the field on sustainable technologies, practices and policies.
- Designing research protocols and procedures for upcoming studies .
- Contacting subject matter experts, government officials and business leaders to elicit their participation in research projects.
- Developing and monitoring budgets to manage the costs and staff time required for studies in progress.
In the field:
- Conducting experiments and collecting samples to measure resource use and potential environmental contamination or pollution
- Meeting research participants on-site to conduct interviews and focus groups
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S., or B.A.) in Engineering, Architecture, Environmental Science or related field; minimum of 2-5 years’ experience preferably in a consulting or design capacity.
- Solid knowledge of and experience with sustainability rating and certification systems, processes, and document submission.
- Demonstrated experience contributing to programs, plans and strategies for project teams seeking to meet high performance sustainability objectives.
- Experience in team facilitation.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills (verbal and written). – LEED/Envision accreditation.
- Experience with CAD and Revit an asset.
- Advanced Excel/VBA capability is an asset.
- A personal commitment to sustainable design is essential for this position. We are most interested in candidates that are passionate about innovation and committed to continued personal development.
- Ability to operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and perform repairs to audio and video equipment.
- Ability to effectively manage time and schedules.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to configure, operate and maintain studio and/or field audio, lighting and associated production equipment.
- Knowledge of computerized tape editing applications and procedures.
- Knowledge of professional audio and/or video tape editing and post-production procedures, techniques, and standards.
- Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screen.
- Up to Travel 25%.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs.
- Ability to work outdoors and in unconditioned rooms on occasion.
Gedeon GRC Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or military status or any other protected class. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotions, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay, or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.