The individual in this position is responsible to work closely with profit centers (e.g., Construction Inspection, Civil Design, Structural Design) to perform Billing functions, and other general accounting duties. This position requires discretion and complete confidentiality in handling personal and other sensitive information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Below is an outline of general duties and responsibilities:
- Correspond with clients & Project Managers to obtain pertinent information (e.g., invoice templates, invoice submission schedule) required to prepare and submit invoices
- Prepare invoices to mail and review for accuracy, entering invoices in accounting systems
- Responsible for review and setup project information in our billing system for accuracy
- Assist with accounting systems implementation such as gathering and organizing the data
- Maintain client payment reporting systems such as Elation, EBO, PIP, etc…
- Assist with collection effort by making phone calls or email to clients
- Review and gather bi-weekly Timesheets and Expenses; communicate with employees if any discrepancy
- Review and collect Credit card receipts against monthly statement for accuracy
- Responsible for AP/AR invoices filing and various reports filing
- Assist with audit request, and any other tasks as assigned by the Controller
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Must have a bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
- 2-3 years’ experience in a service organization and/ or engineering preferred
- Must be very detail-oriented
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Must be able to relate effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Self- starter, able to perform the essential functions of the job independently
- Knowledge of Bill Quick & QuickBooks would be preferred
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
The incumbent in this position can typically expect to sit and use his/her hands to handle and feel for more than 2/3 of the day. He/she can expect to stand or walk for more than 1/3 of the day. Talking and listening is also expected for more than 2/3 of the day. The ability to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; or reach with arms will be needed for less than 1/3 of the day.
This position requires that the incumbent be able to lift items up to 10 pounds on an infrequent basis.
The incumbent in this position should have clear vision at 20 inches or less. He/she should be able to view various reports and forms as well as information displayed on a computer monitor and have the ability to distinguish between different colors. Depth perception, peripheral vision, the ability to focus and the ability to see for a distance are also necessary.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
There is no personal protective equipment required by this position and its related activities.
PC SYSTEMS/ SOFTWARE
This position requires that the incumbent have average proficiency in the use of QuickBooks Online and Microsoft Excel, and other standard office equipment. He/she should have basic knowledge of PC and software applications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Gedeon GRC Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individual because of race, religion, sex, color or any other legally protected characteristic.