Senior Accounting Specialist
The Senior Accounting Specialist position is responsible, and accountable for processing the Accounts Payable, Payroll, monitor bank activities and manage the Design Department billing for the company. This position will ensure these records are accurate and financial deadlines are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and organize the financial records of the company and follow all accounting procedures and guidelines.
- Manage all Accounts Payable and Payroll, process financial data entry into accounting and payroll programs and generate reports as needed.
- Receive all vendor invoices and investigate discrepancies and prepare payments.
- Process payroll, ensure timesheets, rates and deductions are accurate and follow up on any discrepancies.
- Manage the Design Department billing, interface with project managers to obtain pertinent information to prepare Design invoices; train other staffs on Invoice billing when needed.
- Create and monitor all account receivable activities and follow up on aging schedules to ensure collection procedures are followed.
- Receive and deposit all payments and ensure bank records are reconciled and match the internal records.
- Analyze payroll reports, end of year reports such as W-2 or 1099 document and ensure these reports are accurate.
- Assist Controller with month-end and quarter-end close activities.
- Partner with Projects Coordinator and Human Resources to enter new hire information and ensure employees are posted to the correct job at the correct rate.
- Assist auditors by preparing information and manage any inquiries.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Strong knowledge of QuickBooks and Paychex Flex software.
- Ability to calculate numbers and analyze mathematical information.
- Extremely organized and detailed oriented, with the ability to maintain accuracy while handling multiple deadlines in a growing company environment.
- Knowledge of business writing style including grammar and punctuations with excellent oral and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Associates degree (A. S., or A.A.) in Accounting or Finance, and a minimum of two (2) years related experience in A/E/C field preferred.
This position requires minimal travel (less than 10%).
The incumbent in this position can typically expect to sit and use his/her hands to handle and feel for more than 2/3 of the day. He/she can expect to stand or walk for more than 1/3 of the day. Talking and listening is also expected for more than 2/3 of the day. The ability to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; or reach with arms will be needed for less than 1/3 of the day.
This position requires that the incumbent be able to lift items up to 10 pounds on an infrequent basis. The incumbent in this position should have clear vision at 20 inches or less. He/she should be able to view various reports and forms as well as information displayed on a computer monitor and have the ability to distinguish between different colors. Depth perception, peripheral vision, the ability to focus and the ability to see for a distance are also necessary.
Gedeon GRC Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or military status or any other protected class. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotions, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay, or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.