GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Office Engineer is responsible and accountable for the organization and engineering support of various stations of construction. This position will help maintain the effective communication with all team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the analysis of specifications and drawings to determine scope of work required for processing payments.
- Maintain construction files and logs, and review daily IRs
- Receive, review, forward and track status of contract submittals and change orders.
- Initiate, prepare, review, tract and distribute RFIs, Field Memo, and Field Orders for Resident Engineer.
- Participate in project meetings and record accurate minutes.
- Meet with Resident Engineer to review and maintain project schedules and assist in project close-out.
- Coordinate between consultants, external agencies, contractors, property owners and other utility services for assigned projects.
- Supervise all administrative work that includes processing and reviewing of progress payments for contractors.
- Review and process forms for submittals and ensure forms comply with existing standards.
- Administer contractor’s work and ensure compliance with submitted contract documents.
- Inspect work sites, monitor project budget and schedule and check project plans and drawings to verify authenticity of plans.
- Analyze and recommend changes to contracts and prepare necessary amendments in contract documents.
- Manage and submit all reviewed contract document to contract administrators for further approval.
- Prepare correspondence and documents related to assigned projects and facilitate in internal RTD scanning and archiving in line with closet procedure.
- Perform inspection and prepare documents for entire contract work projects.
- Ensure all contract works in compliance with contract documents.
- Prepare project records with details such as field progress, field conditions, equipment use and corrective actions.
- Create monthly reports on progress of assigned project with assistance of schedules, costs spreadsheets and perform analysis on the same.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to become thoroughly familiar with contract requirements, site conditions, and special provisions including all relevant standards, requirements and stipulations.
- Understanding of the agency’s policies, procedures, and Infrastructure’s Standard Construction Operating Procedures (SCOP’s).
- Knowledge of the Construction Industry dealing with state and local agencies in New York on projects dealing with construction or repair of highways, bridges, tunnels, other structures.
- Strong knowledge of business and management principles involved in resource allocation and the coordination of people and resources.
- Extremely organized and detailed oriented, with the ability to maintain accuracy while handling multiple requests in a growing company environment.
- Proficiency in Site Manager, AutoCAD, and other project management software.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S., or B.A.) in Engineering and a minimum of five (5) years of experience with construction inspection and management on infrastructure construction projects
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Nicet III or IV
Gedeon GRC Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or military status or any other protected class. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotions, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay, or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.