Market Research Analyst
The Market Research Analyst will be responsible for conducting market research and competitive analysis as well as provide market data, strategic analytical tools, and insightful interpretation. This position will assist with executing client services and new business pursuits in several industries, including but not limited to engineering, architecture, construction, sustainability, drone/UAV, tech, and real estate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gather, analyze, interpret, and present trends and information for business development opportunities, client support, and internal analysis.
- Conduct industry and product analysis requiring extensive use of Excel, relevant data and on-line search tools.
- Research, analyze, and report on new and existing competitors, technologies, disruptive forces, and key market trends.
- Compile, summarize and distribute research in the form of narratives, graphics, data summaries, etc., for internal and external use.
- Analyze market statistics, generate market reports and/or collateral material based on statistical analysis conducted.
- Educate internal staff on available research tools and resources.
- Develop and maintain proprietary commercial databases ensuring consistently accurate and current data.
- Create and analyze spreadsheets utilizing data needed to generate graphs, tables, and written analysis and make recommendations to Management.
- Generate statistics, tables, and graphs used in quarterly market and statistical reports.
- Create quarterly market reports to include written analysis explaining statistics and market activity, which may include drafting quarterly write-up.
- Compile statistical data specific to each market by translating and converting data to graphs/tables/charts.
- Participate in the development of materials for specific areas of each market including fact sheets, quarterly analysis, educational materials and investor presentations.
- Collect and organize materials for presentations and ongoing projects.
- Assist with Community Outreach preparing letters to inform neighborhoods about safe routes and other ongoing activities.
- Develop database of current and potential clients for each market.
- Follows up on potential business leads for prospective works and/or partnership for events.
- Participates at networking events, trade shows and seminars to develop leads and business contacts.
- Maintain and report accurate data in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with regulations.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Experience in data entry/data management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Advanced skills in PowerPoint presentations with proven ability to develop presentations with professional standards.
- Strong data software application skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to meet goals and objectives.
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to convey information in a clear, focused and concise manner.
- Self-motivated and results oriented and enjoys working in a team environment.
- Proven ability to develop business relationships as part of the sales process.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Analytics, Business or other related fields.
2+ years of market research, competitive analysis, or related experience.
This position requires travel (less than 25%).
The incumbent in this position can typically expect to sit and use his/her hands to handle and feel for more than 2/3 of the day. He/she can expect to stand or walk for more than 1/3 of the day. Talking and listening is also expected for more than 2/3 of the day. The ability to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; or reach with arms will be needed for less than 1/3 of the day.
This position requires that the incumbent be able to lift items up to 10 pounds on an infrequent basis.
The incumbent in this position should have clear vision at 20 inches or less. He/she should be able to view various reports and forms as well as information displayed on a computer monitor and have the ability to distinguish between different colors. Depth perception, peripheral vision, the ability to focus and the ability to see for a distance are also necessary.
Gedeon GRC Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or military status or any other protected class. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotions, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay, or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.