GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The HR Specialist/Safety Coordinator performs support in all Safety and HR areas. Their duties include recruiting, hiring, and training new and existing employees. HR Specialist/Safety Coordinator also help plan programs and processes designed to improve employee welfare. They maintain vital employee records and ensure operational safety compliance of staff. The HR Specialist/Safety Coordinator typical responsibilities include:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates and maintains department records ensuring compliance, accuracy, and confidentiality
- Processes worker’s compensation claims and maintains OSHA 300 Logs
- Processes FMLA and disability claims
- Assists in HR department compliance audits as necessary
- Assisting the HR Manager with the process of recruitment – including vetting candidates, assisting with interviews and issuing employment contracts
- Processing employee information into payroll and maintain documentation of employee compensation and benefits
- Maintaining accuracy with personnel data in the payroll platform to include employee transfers, changes in job classification, salary increases, and other related employment areas
- Supporting internal and external inquiries and requests related to the HR department
- Maintains compliance with Federal, State, and Local regulations concerning employment
- Ensures compliance regarding all employment practices: selection processes, I-9 reporting, record keeping, EEOC compliance and reporting, and file management
- Develop and administer employee trainings to ensure annual compliance
- Annually review written Safety Programs, as well as trainings to ensure Safety compliance with OSHA regulations
- Administer and communicate employment policies, procedures, and programs
- Administer, identify, and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace
- Survey to identify and evaluate occupational health, safety, and environmental conditions
- Conduct and coordinate on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices
- Provide advice and counsel concerning all city, state, and federal compliance regulations
- Maintain records of all Safety Programs, meetings minutes and audit reports
- Performs other duties as required and assigned
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly
- Demonstrated ability to maintain professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including leadership, influencing, and relationship-building across functions
- Strong knowledge of Federal and State Labor Laws
- Extremely organized, detailed oriented, offering follow-up skills, with the ability to maintain accuracy while handling multiple deadlines in a growing company environment
- Ability to respond, analyze, interpret, and investigate inquiries from employees and state and local agencies
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or three (3) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position requires minimal travel (less than 10%).
The incumbent in this position can typically expect to sit and use his/her hands to handle and feel for more than 2/3 of the day. He/she can expect to stand or walk for more than 1/3 of the day. Talking and listening is also expected for more than 2/3 of the day. The ability to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; or reach with arms will be needed for less than 1/3 of the day.
This position requires that the incumbent be able to lift items up to 10 pounds on an infrequent basis.
The incumbent in this position should have clear vision at 20 inches or less. He/she should be able to view various reports and forms as well as information displayed on a computer monitor and have the ability to distinguish between different colors. Depth perception, peripheral vision, the ability to focus and the ability to see for a distance are also necessary.
Gedeon GRC Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or military status or any other protected class. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotions, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay, or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.APPLY NOW