GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The individual in this position is responsible for designing, planning, implementing and overseeing all aspects of personnel administration, including, benefits, compensation, recruiting, onboarding, training, development, termination, visa/green card processing, health and safety, and compliance. The position also entails supervision of the work of others. This position requires discretion and complete confidentiality in handling personal and other sensitive information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan.
- Writes directives advising department managers of Company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
- Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
- Develops and maintains a human resources system that meets top management information needs.
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance. Studies legislation, and arbitration decisions, to assess industry trends.
- Writes and delivers presentations to corporate officers or government officials regarding human resources policies and practices.
- Recruits, interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward Company goals.
- Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Coordinates management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, Equal Employment Opportunity, and sexual harassment.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization. Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier. Coordinates Safety Committee meetings and acts as Safety Director.
- Conducts wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
- Prepares budget of human resources operations.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
- Represents the Company at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Contracts with outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as temporary employees, search firms, or relocation services.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of Federal and State Labor Laws
- Extremely organized and detailed oriented, with the ability to maintain accuracy while handling multiple deadlines in a growing company environment
- Knowledge of business writing style including grammar and punctuations with excellent oral and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respond, analyze, interpret and investigate inquiries from employees and state and local agencies
- Knowledge of insurance websites and payroll services
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or five (5) related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
PHR or SPHR Certification a plus.
This position requires minimal travel (less than 10%).
The incumbent in this position can typically expect to sit and use his/her hands to handle and feel for more than 2/3 of the day. He/she can expect to stand or walk for more than 1/3 of the day. Talking and listening is also expected for more than 2/3 of the day. The ability to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; or reach with arms will be needed for less than 1/3 of the day.
This position requires that the incumbent be able to lift items up to 10 pounds on an infrequent basis.
The incumbent in this position should have clear vision at 20 inches or less. He/she should be able to view various reports and forms as well as information displayed on a computer monitor and have the ability to distinguish between different colors. Depth perception, peripheral vision, the ability to focus and the ability to see for a distance are also necessary.
Gedeon GRC Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or military status or any other protected class. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotions, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay, or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.