The AutoCAD Operator is responsible, and accountable for preparing drawings, topographical and relief maps used in civil engineering projects such highways, bridges, pipelines, flood control projects, and water and sewerage control systems. This position uses a computer assisted drafting system to provide the most comprehensive and accurate construction documents in the allocated time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with Engineers to understand to create civil construction documents to ensure the design is keeping with client specifications and timelines.
- Produce specifications and drawings that have to be centered on written instructions, calculations and equations provided by engineers and designers.
- Draw diagrams and maps for projects and structures in constructions.
- Collect all relevant data to ensure the design can conform to the plans/
- Create plans for foundations for structures along with layout of rooms inside buildings
- All other duties as assigned.
- Advanced proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Civil 3D, and Microstation.
- Ability to decipher construction plans.
- Knowledge of manually drafting drawing plans when necessary.
- Ability to visualize finished products as well as projects.
- Extremely organized and detailed oriented, with the ability to maintain accuracy while handling multiple requests in a growing company environment.
- Knowledge of architectural terminology.
- Highly analytical with the ability to calculate complex mathematical equations.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B. S., or B.A.) in Civil Engineering and/or AutoCAD design a minimum of three (3) years related experience in general civil engineering.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
This position requires travel (less than 10%).
The incumbent in this position can typically expect to sit and use his/her hands to handle and feel for more than 2/3 of the day. He/she can expect to stand or walk for more than 1/3 of the day. Talking and listening is also expected for more than 2/3 of the day. The ability to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; or reach with arms will be needed for less than 1/3 of the day.
This position requires that the incumbent be able to lift items up to 10 pounds on an infrequent basis.
The incumbent in this position should have clear vision at 20 inches or less. He/she should be able to view various reports and forms as well as information displayed on a computer monitor and have the ability to distinguish between different colors. Depth perception, peripheral vision, the ability to focus and the ability to see for a distance are also necessary.
Gedeon GRC Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or military status or any other protected class. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotions, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay, or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.