The Administrative Assistant is responsible and accountable for the first impression of the firm to internal and external clients. This position is responsible for the multi-line telephone system, greeting visitors and performing various clerical duties with a personable and friendly attitude.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to act as a gatekeeper for a multi-line telephone system. This includes transferring calls to the appropriate person, taking accurate messages, ensuring the correct person receives the message and filtering solicitation calls.
- Handle all visitors to the office by notifying personnel of the arrival of scheduled appointments and verifying unscheduled appointments with the ability to respectfully turn away solicitors.
- Receive all incoming mail and packages and distribute the mail to the appropriate departments.
- Prepare all outgoing mail including FEDEX and UPS and inform the sender that the packages have been sent.
- Assist various departments with performing clerical duties to include letter drafting, formatting, filing, copying and the printing of relevant documents as needed.
- Collaborates with management staff and assists employees (in the office and field).
- Communicates with clients.
- Maintains company’s contact list.
- Operates standard office equipment.
- Organize filing system by retrieving and putting away files as necessary.
- Manage office supplies by keeping an inventory of supplies, ordering new supplies and maintaining keys and security keys for the office.
- Organizes and schedules meeting, events, and company functions.
- Assist with office events by ordering food, receiving the order and setting up the event.
- Assists with booking and coordinating all corporate travel arrangements.
- Minor errands and tasks off site as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Positive attitude with the ability to provide excellent customer service to both employees and clients.
- Organized and detailed oriented, with the ability to maintain accuracy while handling multiple requests in a growing company environment.
- Familiarity with postage machines and other office equipment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel; Adobe Acrobat is a plus.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize, process, categorize, and organize a broad spectrum of data.
- Strong record keeping skills.
- Process sensitive data and handle all correspondence with uncompromised integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to prepare minutes, reports, and studies from assembled data.
- Up to date with ongoing training tools and related office processes.
- Skillful problem solver.
- Ability to multitask.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma/GED with technical school/vocational institute training in office/executive administrative duties, and a minimum of 3 years related experience in front desk/administrative position.
This position requires minimal travel (less than 10%).
The incumbent in this position can typically expect to sit and use his/her hands to handle and feel for more than 2/3 of the day. He/she can expect to stand or walk for more than 1/3 of the day. Talking and listening is also expected for more than 2/3 of the day. The ability to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; or reach with arms will be needed for less than 1/3 of the day.
This position requires that the incumbent be able to lift items up to 10 pounds on an infrequent basis.
The incumbent in this position should have clear vision at 20 inches or less. He/she should be able to view various reports and forms as well as information displayed on a computer monitor and have the ability to distinguish between different colors. Depth perception, peripheral vision, the ability to focus and the ability to see for a distance are also necessary.
Gedeon GRC Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or military status or any other protected class. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotions, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay, or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.